The materials used to make Apple products vary; in some cases each product may have specific cleaning requirements, which may vary by the part you are cleaning. Here are some tips that apply to all products to get you started:
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, and similar items that might cause damage.
- Unplug any external power sources, devices, and cables.
- Keep liquids away from the product.
- Don't get moisture into any openings.
- Don't use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives.
- Don't spray cleaners directly onto the item.